03 March 2011

Ah, you noticed. . .

Regular HancAquam readers have noted and commented upon the subtle changes I've made in my preaching style lately.  (Not subtle enough, apparently!)

Preaching to a "regular parish" (i.e., not a university parish, or a studium congregation) required that changes be made.   I also have the privilege of regularly preaching to our K-8th students at St Joseph's School.  Finding the appropriate props for the readings ain't easy (sesame seeds, red food coloring, and a picture of a mustard tree. . .)

Frankly, the new style--a little more linear, somewhat more practical--is much more difficult to produce than my natural style--convoluted and impractical?  But I am spending a lot more time with the readings and a lot more time studying in preparation for writing the homily.

Clunkers still find their way into the pulpit. . .but that will always be the case. 

Many thanks for the comments and prayers!  God bless, Fr. Philip

Follow HancAquam & Check out my Wish List --------->

1 comment:

  1. "But I am spending a lot more time with the readings and a lot more time studying in preparation for writing the homily."

    something tells me this is your favorite part of your current abode!!

    ReplyDelete